- 1 Portable Air Conditioner VS. Traditional Air Conditioner
- 2 An overview of some famous portable Air Conditioners:
As the calendar pages flip toward summer and the temperature starts rising, it’s time to have a look over how you’ll keep hot air away from ruining your fun. If you have got an effective central cooling system, you don’t need to do much work at all — just change the filters and you’re ready to go.
If you don’t have a proper air conditioning, then now it’s time to make your plans so that you could not get attacked by an early heat wave. There are plenty of options available in the market, you can either purchase a Window air conditioning unit or a central air conditioning system. Of all available options the best and the cheapest is a portable air conditioner. In last 10 years there is a tremendous increase in the popularity of portable air conditioning units. A general question that may arise in our mind is that are portable air conditioners worth?
The homes with the central air condition usually ignore the kitchen space. Most of the people eventually give up while trying to bake in the summer, because it usually gets too hot making it inconvenient to work. With a portable air conditioning unit, you can enjoy your cake and can eat it too, with full comfort and ease.
In a cost awareness economy, portable air conditioning units are much more cost-effective than running central air, especially if you are going to be spending most of your day in one room. Rented houses such as an apartment or townhouse do not always have an air conditioner or central air-cooling system, and the tenant has to purchase their own cooling system.Andthey also have to get the permission of the landlord before installing the cooling system. But many times, the house owner deny the permission due to the modification that has to be made for installation. At this is the point the portable air conditioning units can solve their problem.
Portable Air Conditioner VS. Traditional Air Conditioner
Portable Air Conditioning units are more preferred over traditional window units because of the following reasons
1.They don’t require installation.
2.They are cheap.
3. Running cost is also very cheap as compared to a Central Cooling system.
A portable conditioner is quieter and includes more bonus features. Here is the trick on how to pick a reliable portable air conditioner:
Many of the portable coolers come with bonus features which can be quite useful to the consumer. Mostly small cooling systems are capable of cooling a room up to 200 feet.The more inexpensive units are smaller in size and can be easily stored.
An overview of some famous portable Air Conditioners:
EdgestarKoldfront Portable Air Conditioner
- 12,000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 5,500 BTU (DOE 2017 Standard) Cools up to 425 Square Feet (depends on heat load)
- 3 fan speeds; dehumidifier only mode option (90 pints a day); includes a washable pre-filter and one replaceable carbon filter
- Patented Auto-Drain System - exhausts most or all condensate automatically except under extreme humidity situation
This portable air conditioning unit can be used for room size 150 sq feet. It has a dehumidifier as well as a remote-control unit. There is also no problem of cleaning as the water gets collected outside the unit.
Sharp CV-10MH Portable Air Conditioner
- 10,000 BTU Output
- Removes 60 Pints of Moisture/Hour
- 4 Easy Roll Casters for Mobility
It is basically a more expensive model, which is one of the best portable conditioners in the market, being ideal for larger rooms. It is very quiet, so you will not be kept awake by the sound of your device running over all night. It also has the features of a remote control to keep you more comfortable, at your ease all the time.
NewAir Portable Air Conditioner
- PERSONAL AC - This small portable air conditioner is perfect for small spaces up to 325 square feet
- FEATURES - With self-evaporative technology, air filter, and a 12-hour timer, this unit has it all
- ECO-FRIENDLY - The efficiency booster lets you add water to let the compressor run on less power
It is a rather expensive model, with the feature of a built-in air purifier for extra comfort in your room. It is so compact that won’t have a problem with space and also there is no need for changing the water pan.
Danby Portable Air Conditioner
- Convenient 3-in-1 design: air conditioner, fan and dehumidifier
- 6, 000 BTU (3, 000 SACC) portable air conditioner cools spaces up to 250 square feet
- Powerful 2-speed fan
This is also a portable air conditioning unit that also has a built-in dehumidifier and air purifier, as it is a 3-in-1 device for all your comfort needs. The water which is left in the pan usually get evaporated so no need to empty the machine or to make the pan clean.
Honeywell MN10CESWW Portable Air Conditioner
- [POWERFUL, SAFE & DEPENDABLE] Cools rooms up to 350-450 square feet. Thermal Overload protection for added safety & peace of mind.
- [EASY INSTALL & MAINTENANCE] Washable Filter designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance. Filter cleans easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Full set window kit...
- [DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Enjoy simple digital control with 3 fan speeds, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control included
This is a Portable Air Conditioner that is equipped with all the necessary accessories, and it also allows for quick installation on vertical or horizontal windows. Even if you can roll the portable air conditioner to the preferred cooling area, set up the window kit and switch your ac on!
LG LP1218GXR Portable Air Conditioner
- Your purchase includes One LG LP1218GXR Portable Air Conditioner that covers rooms up to 400-sq.ft, in white + hose and window mount
- Air conditioner dimensions: 16.93” W x 27.36” H x 12.80” D. Weight 67.2 lbs
- Performance: 12,000 BTU. Dehumidification: 1.27 kg/hr. Est cooling area of 400-sq.ft
This portable AC unit usually includes an LCD remote control for easy temperature, fan speed and timer adjustments from across the room. This air conditioning unit is very flexible to move around the house. The most important thing to like is the window mounting which seems solid and is easy to snap.
SPT WA-1420E Portable Air Conditioner
- Four operational modes: Cooling / Dehumidifying / Fan
- 14,000btu cooling power
- Digital temperature display and remote control
This type of portable air conditioner is an energy-efficient, compact window air conditioner. The color of this SPT WA is really cool. The ratings for this one is high as it is compatible.
Last update on 2021-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Products